Tuesday, February 3, 2009

While Working make sure you are only WORKING!!!



This is one of many lessons I have learnt during my stint as the Departmental Placement Cordinator here at IIT Kanpur.It was early November, and European Aeronautical Defense and Space visited our campus for recruitment, I got a chance to interact with the representatives from EADS,one of them was Stefan Jera, head human relations, EADS. It was nothing more than a casual chat he said it was his first trip to India, and how he was enjoying the country. "So have you been sight seeing, been to the Taj, its just 4 hours from here" i asked. His response to this question left quite an impression on me. Atul, he said this is one of the things I as a human believe in, when you have come for a business trip you shouldnt really be looking to do other leisure activities. While working, work he said should be your only focus. he then continued, "in the last month alone I have been to Paris 8 times, but i have seen the eiffel tower only during landing and takeoff of the plane that too only if the weather is good, I am yet to enter it".

The message was straight forward - While working make sure you are working and only working, it is quality not quantity that matters as far as time is considered.

No comments:

Post a Comment